Sunday, September 20, 2009

My favorite Mexican recipes

Ok sweethearts as you know my love for food begins with my REDRUM Nana she taught me that one of the best things about being Mexican is the food haha. My mother absolutely took after my Nana and is a wonderful cook too! I hope you all enjoy the recipes and please let me know how it goes for you:)



CHILI CON CARNE

makes about 6 servings                  cooking time:
Temperature: Low-Medium                 30-45 minutes

1 1/2 pounds beef or pork,          2 cups meat broth
stewed and shredded                 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons lard or oil           1/8 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon flour          
1/2 cup Red Chile Powder*   

1. Combine meat & lard or oil in a large skillet, 
fry meat at medium heat until browned and cooked.
2. Add the flour to meat and cook for 1 minute, 
stirring constantly.
3. Add the red chili powder, broth, and seasonings to the meat. 
Cook at medium heat for approximately 30 minutes, 
stirring constantly until the mixture has thickened.

You may serve with refried beans and rice.
Don't forget the flour or corn tortillas!
Enjoy!


Tamale Pie

Follow the recipe for carne con chili

Corn Bread Mix

1-2 Packages of Jiffy Corn bread mix 
follow the instructions on box
Mix dry ingredients together
Pour mixture into baking sheet but make sure you spray with Pam
or simply grease sheet
so bread doesn't stick when done.
Add the first half of corn bread mix
onto a 8 or 9 inch deep baking sheet
then add some carne con chili and
layer it as evenly as possible on top of corn mixture.
After you do that you add the second
half of the mix on top spreading evenly to
cover the chili con carne.

Oven should be at about 350 degrees
and takes about 30-40 min
or Until golden brown on top
When done cut into small square pieces
let cool and serve! 



I tried to explain it as easy as possible
if you have any questions please ask,
Im always on twitter so you can catch me there
I'll be posting more recipes in the future this was fun!
till then xoxo
Chita Hearse

1 comment: